But, you’re new to the RE BarCamp movement, right? Frankly most people in Alberta are as this is the first time a RE BarCamp is being held in the province.
Now, how do you know what to do – or not to do – to ensure it’s a great experience for everyone?
Here are just a few DOs and DON’Ts of RE BarCamp participation and facilitation.
- merely present your ideas.
- use it as an opportunity to pitch your product or services.
- dominate your session as a way to establish yourself as a speaker; leading a session is not equivalent to speaking at a traditional conference.
- set up the room theatre-style.
- make sure you facilitate a conversation.
- use it as an opportunity to network with other industry professionals.
- get the conversation rolling by asking some key questions.
- set up the room to facilitate meaningful conversation – circles of chairs work well.
- come prepared to learn, network and have fun!
Remember, this is your opportunity to take part in a conference that you, yourself – and other real estate professionals – are responsible for designing. It’s going to be chaotic, it’s going to be exciting, and it’s going to be a lot of fun – but we need your help. Register today!